WHETHER ORDERED ONLINE OR IN-STORE (including if it is faulty)
- RETURNING YOUR PRODUCT TO US
If you are exercising your 14 day right to change your mind, tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Email. Notifying Us by email at email@example.com to inform us that you wish to cancel your order. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
Online. Complete the cancellation form available here.
By post. Write to us at the address below to notify us that you wish to cancel your order, including the details set out above.
Returning the products.:
Returning an Online order
- If you wish to return a product because it is faulty or where you are exercising your 14 day right to cancel,
you must post them back to us at the address below. Please remember to obtain Proof of postage from the Post Office.
Game Retail Limited
You will need to include a cover note with the following information:
- Your order number
- Reason for return
- Whether you would like a refund or exchange
PLEASE NOTE If you are exercising your 14 day right to change your mind you must post the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
If you are outside your 14 day right to cancel (and wish to rely on our GAME 30 day returns policy) you may return your online order either to one of our GAME stores or to our Returns Department at the address set out above. Please note that online orders with an order number ending with “/M” or if the order includes TVs, projectors, laptops, mobile phones or any other electrical items cannot be returned in store, and should be couriered to the Returns Department at the address set out above (at your cost).
- Returning an item purchased in-store
If you wish to return an item you have purchased in one of our stores under, whether under our GAME 30 day returns policy, or because an item is faulty, you must return it in person to one of our GAME stores.
Who will pay the costs of return? We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products, and/or digital content are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the products, and/or digital content or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products and/or digital content (including any applicable outward delivery costs) by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below. Please note that payments made using a physical gift card at GAME.co.uk will be refunded as an eVoucher, which will be emailed to you.
Deductions from refunds (except if the product is faulty). If you are exercising your right to change your mind or relying on our GAME 30 day returns policy:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) where you fail to return each component part (cables, memory sticks, etc.) and to take account of the reduction in value caused by any damage or missing components.
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) if you wish to return a product purchased in a discounted or promotional offer or as part of a combined product (for example a combined hardware and games product). If all the items are not returned (or, where a digital code forming part of a bundled product has been used) the refund will be adjusted accordingly. To partially cancel your order for a combined product you will need to contact our Customer Services team.
- If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
- If you are exercising your 14 day right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the products back to us.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made
- Immediately when returned in-store immediately (however please allow up to 5 working days for this to be processed)
- Within 14 days when returned to our refund department