Product Support & Aftercare
Breakdown CareImportant Information - Breakdown Care
- Extended cover does not have to be purchased at the same time as a domestic electrical good.
- Your Breakdown Care policy can be cancelled within 45 days of purchase, and you’ll receive a full refund.
- If we provide you with replacement equipment or a GAME voucher, your policy will cease. All you’d have to pay are applicable delivery charges.
- You should be advised that extended warranties are available from other high street outlets, insurance companies and other providers. Cover may also be available for limited periods on some appliances from your credit card provider. Some household contents insurance policies offer cover for accidental damage, fire or theft. You may, however, find that an excess is payable and a claim may affect the cost of the subsequent insurance premiums.
- Your policy documents will be sent to your delivery address within 14 days.
- Your statutory rights will not be affected when you buy a policy. These include the right to claim a refund, repair, or replacement for up to six years (in Scotland it’s up to five years after you became aware, or could with reasonable diligence have become aware there was a problem) if your electrical goods were not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose when they were sold to you. After the first six months, you will have to prove that the goods had a fault when sold to you. For further information about your statutory rights contact the Citizens Advice Bureau: 03444 111 444.
- Domestic & General Insurance PLC is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. If we cannot meet our obligations to you under the policy, compensation may be available to cover these obligations. The compensation provides for 90% of any claim with no upper limit on the amount of the claim.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedbackSorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedbackThanks for the feedback. We will improve this article.
- Product guides